a Ministry of Food and Family...

Monday, January 26, 2015

Veggies Don't have to be Green to be Good!

Gimme some roots...

I mentioned in a previous blog that I have a problem with insoluble fibers... which means a lot of veggies are not good for my digestive system. In a much earlier post, I wrote about eating root vegetables and squash and the benefits they have. Veggies don't have to be green to be good was the message in that post. 
I love french cut parsnips and carrots sauteed. The taste is a sweet-savory nutty flavor. This vegetable side is very easy to prepare and goes with any meat. I use one large parsnip and carrot. I am lucky that I can buy them singly rather than in a large bag. I slice them lengthwise which I call the french cut or ... like French Fries. To my covered skillet, I add the usual 3 tbs of coconut oil and olive oil. My preferred seasonings are: garlic powder, sea salt,and  red pepper flakes along with dried herbs - rosemary, mint and oregano. In ten to twelve minutes, voila.  The cost of this side is less than $2.00.






No comments:

Post a Comment